How to configure and use authentication options in ScriptRunner
The following cmdlets require the AD PowerShell module!
Active Directory (Windows integrated authentication)
- Suitable for trusted domains in the same forest and trusted domain forests
- Possible via NTLM or Kerberos
- NTLM is configured by default
- Kerberos: This is a browser function, you do not need to configure any settings in SR. To activate Kerberos, follow the Microsoft Doc.
- app.json and uri.js must have the identical baseuri
- Service Principal Name must be stored in Active Directory on the computer account of the SR host. More information can be found in Microsoft Docs.
For non-trusted domains view below: Claim-based-identityCmdlet to get the SID
- User: Get-ADUser
- Claim-Type: http://schemas.microsoft.com/ws/2008/06/identity/claims/primarysid
- Group: Get-ADGroup
- Claim-Type: http://schemas.microsoft.com/ws/2008/06/identity/claims/groupsid
- Claim-Value corresponds to the SID of the user/group
- User: Get-ADUser
Checks, if the object represents the root of the directory information tree of a directory server. Use the following cmdlet:
More information can be found in Microsoft Docs.
Change the SR accounts to AzureAD accounts. Use AzureAD as an identity provider for SR login.
- 1. Groups and users of a tenant
- 2. Guest users of foreign tenants
- View the instruction in our manual for configuration
The SR ISE Add-on can't be used with AAD!
- When to use: In non-trusted domain environments and resource domain environments
- GroupSID-claims are specified in SR by default for claim-based authentication
- group claims of non-trusted customer domains to access SR in the "home" domain.
- SR in resource domain and user (groups) are in "user domain"
- ADFS for access management
- Authentication option must be set (cmdlet Set-AsrSTSOptions, select Authmode ADFS)
- Default-Claims, Microsoft Doc
- Custom-Claim-Types are possible
Local Identity (Windows integrated authentication)
- Local users (users on the machine)
Suitable for testing, not recommended for production use